Water damage on the ceiling and basement can be dangerous for a lot of reasons starting from repairing and restore costs and ending to more serious health issues. The reason why we are focusing mainly on the ceiling and basement is that these are the most vulnerable parts of our house. The basements suffer the most as a result of not having any windows to increase the fresh airflow. Also, usually, all the pipelines of the house pass from the basement and sometimes there are some likings that can turn into water damage. The ceiling on the other side is the most affected part of the house from weather factors and natural disasters. If you don’t have a good rain draining system, the chances of water damage are high.
Signs of Water Damage
Sometimes it may be hard to evident water damage at the ceiling or basement for quite some time because we don’t use them that often and that’s why the repair and restore costs can increase drastically. To prevent this from happening we have prepared some significant signs for you to know.
- Peeling and cracking. Peeling and cracking is a significant sign for you to keep in mind because is an obvious one. Drywall has a tendency to create moisture build-up inside it, which can push the paint and crack it. Also, the paint in some areas of the wall may be faded because of the water mix.
- Flooring water damage. You may think that you can not miss the flooring water damage but on the contrary, in many cases only on inspection by a professional, this kind of water damage was found. The reason why is because the water does not build up in the middle of the room but on the tight corners and behind different furniture. While cleaning your house, at least twice a month do not forget to move furniture and carpet in order to check behind them
- Sagging or mouldy walls. When the drywall is full of built-in moisture and mould it starts sagging and that’s when you start seeing the damage that is done. It is best to check and restore the damage in the earlier stages. For example, if you smell a distinct mouldy scent the best thing to do is to call a professional and he can give you an exact answer.
- Unexplained high water bills. If your water bill increases drastically for no apparent reason this can be an obvious sign that you may have a water leak somewhere in your house and possible water damage.
- Running water sounds. This is a serious problem that needs to be addressed immediately by a professional because if the leaking is louder enough for you to hear it can cause grave water damage.
Water Damage Costs by Class
A lot of different water damage contractors for ceiling and basement will determine the costs of repair and restore based on the class of the magnitude level of the job.
- Class 1. In class one is included only the small magnitude jobs that have affected a small part of your house. Some of the damage included here are for example overflowing toilets and other little water leaks. The cost in class 1 varies from $100 to $200.
- Class 2. In class two is included a larger area that is affected by the water damage. Some of the damage included maybe an entire kitchen that needs all the piping system and its floor fixed, and some of the kitchen cabinets. The cost in class 2 varies from $300 to $500.
- Class 3. In class three are included big damages that affect the entire house. Damages that are done by weather factors like storms that can cause liking on ceiling and wall consider having the magnitude of class 3. The cost of class 3 can be more than $1,000.
- Class 4. In class four are included specialized water damage that may have destroyed a large amount of your house. Because of the magnitude, this class has the largest costs that can go up to $2,600.
Roof & Ceiling Water Damage Repair Cost
The roof is the most vulnerable part of a house because it is the first frontier to suffer from natural disasters and storms. Usually, if your roof takes great damage you will have to deal with ceiling water damage as well. Only to fix the roof you will need to pay up to $1,500 on a 1000 sq. ft. damaged area. Calling a contractor will offer you an estimate of the job with the exact price.
Basement Flooding Repair Cost
Plumbing issues and mould remediation are the most common services that we offer in cases of water damage to your basement. Usually, most people make a mistake by letting the mould and plumbing issues go untreated for a lot of time because they think that because they don’t live it is not important. But on the contrary, if you have mould in your basement the changes to spread on the other rooms of your house increases. That’s why you have to be careful and seek help on the first discovery of the mould. Repairing plumbing issues can cost you around $900 and mould removal around $1,500.
IBX Services is a full-services company for any kind of emergency service in the GTA(Greater Toronto Area). What it signifies is that we offer the full range of solutions required for complete emergency services, cleaning and disinfection services, and commercial services too. From identifying the cause of the problem to fixing any design flaws in the affected areas, and the prevention of further and sealing to rigorous testing to detect any other indirect problem, we strive to be a leader in the emergency services solutions industry.