On the list of potential risks your property constantly faces, water damage may not be on top but it’s definitely up there. This holds true even more so if you live in a city like Toronto where the wetter season lasts for the longest part of the year and the phrase “When it rains, it pours” aptly describes the situation.
That means rain is not the only problem when considering the damage caused by water. Even a small leak can quite easily deteriorate into bigger and bigger puddles albeit in areas harder to notice making it near impossible for you to tell whether the risk for water damage is serious or not. Or worse, you might forget the tap open before leaving your house just to return to the entire floor flooded by water.
In general, you’d want to prevent the damage as much as possible considering the terrifying amount of destruction these leaks can cause when missed or ignored. But, as you can imagine by now, preparing for every possible outcome is hardly an option.
In these cases, when you can be a bit too late to notice that the damage has already occurred and it’s currently spreading. The first action you should do is to call professional help from a water damage restoration company and in the meanwhile you wait for their arrival. Follow up with these tips on what to do to reduce the damage as much as possible.
Is our house or office flooded? Its damage is enormous? Not sure what company to call for Flood Restoration? Then we have the right solution for you, it’s called Ibx Services. But what makes Ibx Services the best company in GTA for Flood Restoration? Let’s see together:
It doesn’t matter where you are, we operate a 24/7 service, and by operating with professional teams we always provide the best.
Flood Restoration is a major problem for our homes or offices. They damage walls, ceilings, floors, mold prevails. But Ibx Service takes care of the disappearance of everything. You just call and we will be with you. Offering the best quality you will find.
- Low Cost
Such damages for Flood Restoration cost a lot and always leave us dissatisfied. But we as a company have always tried to give the best and at reasonable prices.
What to do:
- Start by changing into rubber boots and gloves to prevent contact with any kind of chemical and debris the water may have encountered while spreading.
- If you have identified the source from where the water is coming, go ahead and stop it from spreading.
- Dry the damaged area as much as possible by mopping.
- Put easily damaged goods such as photos and paintings in dry locations.
- If the floor also shows signs of damage, remove everything you can from the floor near the wet area.
- Leave tracked-down carpets or similar furniture as they are until a water damage cleanup professional is involved.
- Put aluminum foil under wet furniture legs.
- Keep electrical devices away from wet floor areas.
- Pack books tightly on shelves to prevent warping of the pages until specialists from the restoration company arrive.
What to avoid:
- Avoid rooms where the damage has spread until electricity has been turned off.
- Avoid the use of vacuum as a means for removing water.
- If mould has taken root, wait for the assistance of restoration specialists before melding with it.
- In case the damage looks extensive, do not enter inside without making sure the structure of the building is safe as it might collapse.
Following these tips will help you immensely in preventing the deterioration of damage but as I mentioned above, calling for a water damage cleanup company help should always be your first course of action in case of such an unfortunate event. So if you haven’t already, now would also be a good time to do so.
In Toronto, there are quite a few options available to you but the one you might want to consider is IBX Services. IBX Service is definitely the best on the market when it comes to water damage cleanup and restoration in Toronto as they use state-of-the-art technologies which result in a complete restoration to the original condition of the property, which is quite impressive considering that the process is swift but also relatively cheap.