Seeing your home and precious possessions consumed by fire can be a devastating experience for any homeowner. After such a loss, our professional team comes with clear guidance and support in the residential fire, to restore as much as possible from the damage.
At IBX Services, our technicians are more than talented professionals; they are caring for people ready to get you home as quickly as possible. Every homeowner will get updated and will be informed every step of the way.
With our comprehensive range of fire damage services, including soot, smoke and odour removal, IBX Services will get you covered.
Common Types of Fires
Protein Fire – Food from the oven or stove was burned. This will leave strong and burned-food odours and smoke residue on contents and surfaces.
Complex Fire – Multiple natural-synthetic items inside the hose have burned. This will cause black smoke residue on surfaces. Also synthetic smoke odours. In this case, our emergency services are required and we’ll make sure to protect all the risked surfaces.
Natural Fire – Trees, shrubs and bushes have burned. The smoke will penetrate the structure outside and so smoke residue and odour will be present.
Furnace Malfunction – Sometimes heating appliances might have malfunctioned. And they can cause smoke which can be distributed throughout the property.
Fire Damage Goes Beyond Burning Items
- Ash and smoke will continue to cause damage and corrosion to materials.
- Odours from smoke will stay in your home long after the fire. It will also continue to cause problems if not removed.
- Walls and other surfaces can become discoloured.
- Finishes on kitchen appliances turn yellow.
- Smoke causes etching in the glass.
- Also, smoke will tarnish metal quickly.
Our Throughout Fire Restoration Process Includes
- Identifying the source to determine the type of fire.
- Evaluating the wet areas as a result of the firefighting work.
- Remediating water damage(if it is necessary).
- Evaluating sensitive materials that might be damaged.
- Removing contents, including the immediate items you may need, such as clothing, toys, school books etc.
- Packing out contents for cleaning and storage.
- Performing structural restoration, including the removal of charred contents.
- Evaluating carpets and floor coverings that may need to be removed.
- Inspecting the house framing and subfloors for safety.
- Treat affected surfaces for smoke odours.
- Sealing to prevent odour leaking.
- Cleaning, eliminating odours and deodorizing.
- Returning items to the original location.
Don’t Try to Do it Yourself!
If it is not taken care of correctly, thoroughly, and professionally, the residue that is left behind after a fire can cause dangerous health problems. We recommend you to not attempt and clean up your home on your own after a fire because you can cause even more damage to it. Only experts with the right equipment and experience can ensure that the job is done properly.
- If the temperature is too high, air out the house to reduce smoke odour.
- Clean laminate surfaces. As well as chrome, porcelain, and aluminum fixtures.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, change its air filter.
- Discard any open food package.
- Make sure the electricity is off and clean out the refrigerator. Leave the doors propped open.
- Send clothing with smoke damage to a restoration dry cleaner.
What Not to Do
- Do not touch anything with your bare hands.
- Don’t wash the walls.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets. Or upholstered furniture.
- Don’t use electrical appliances.
- Don’t use ceiling fixtures if it is wet.
IBX Services is a full-services company for any kind of emergency service. What it means is that we offer the full scale of solutions needed for complete emergency services, cleaning and disinfection services, and commercial services too. From identifying the cause of the problem to fixing any design flaws in the affected areas, and the prevention of further and sealing to rigorous testing to detect any other indirect problem, we strive to be a leader in the emergency services solutions industry.
By following our team tips, you easily will achieve positive results. So, feel free to contact us here!