Are several reasons that water damage can happen in your home or business area. Starting with common floods from faulty appliances such as washing machines to plumbing mishaps, burst pipes, leaking roofs, and guttering or to heavy rain and natural floods. As a result, water damage problems have to be attended to as quickly as possible in order to stop the source, repair the issue, and stop any further problems from arising down the track.
What to do and what not in cases where you have water damage problems in your home:
Have water damage problems at home? You have to react to reduce any further damage to your property and assist in water damage restoration.
Water damage steps:
- The first step is to check for the source of water and to end it. In case that your pipes are leaking get in a plumber to fix the problem. Prevent long leaking and fixed the problem as soon as possible.
- When happening water damage problems, immediately turn off the electricity to wet areas. This helps so that access to the electrical panel is safe for those attending to the job.
- It’s recommended to record photographic or video evidence of the root cause of the problem that led to the water damage.
- Try to reduce and to remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and wiping. You can use large fans to circulate air to assist with drying.
- Try to retain samples of the damaged property materials such as carpets, flooring, or other damaged areas. Are needed for the insurance assessment.
- Move away wet rugs or other floor coverings. Remove any precious photos, and other sentimental items to a safe, dry location.
- Cases where water damage problems are with water contaminated, avoid contact with such water and contaminated items and wash hands thoroughly if the contact has been made.
Avoid this water damage steps:
- It is not allowed to use a household vacuum cleaner to suck up water or any wet debris. Never use any electrical appliances, if you are on wet carpet or wet floor. This causes disaster.
- Don’t touch any flooded carpet. You have to call professionals to do this task as it can lead to further damage.
- If you see mold problems call IBX Team. A professional like us will take care of that.
- It is not allowed to turn on ceiling fans or lights if the ceiling is wet. Take care also to not enter any room where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- In cases where the floodwater is contaminated, try to not walk on damage space.
If you have water damage problems in your home the IBX Services Team can help you. Water damaged areas easily help bacteria grow, so call us as soon as you can at (416) 252-5959. We offer water damage restoration in quick methods.