Water damage causes not only ruin your valuables furniture, but they can also damage the house – and becomes extremely costly. If you can act fast, you can minimize the damage and save some of your things.
The attainment of your restoration actually depends upon the time where the water of the flood stayed unadorned. It’s important to confirm the furniture which may be saved and at times even the rugs, but all of the electronic equipment affected by the water is likely sent to the garbage.
Don’t easily deal with the water damage.
Even if your basement has just an inch of water, or even if it’s only moist, it is the perfect terrain for mould. Mould growth destroys walls, furniture, rugs, floor coverings, etc., but can also lead to poor air quality which causes respiratory problems, such as asthma or other severe illnesses. Preventing mould growth is the key to maintaining your house air clean and healthy.
Here are some steps to follow if you have suffered water damage to your house:
Disconnect the power
Disconnect all digital devices and immediately eliminate all appliances, furniture, and things that you can move. The faster you remove items from the water, the more likely you are to save them.
Eliminate the water
There are lots of ways to eliminate water. Use old towels, buckets, and brooms to consume as much water as you can.
Move furniture, rugs, and small objects
Remove the furniture from the affected area as soon as possible. Take area rugs from the area and bring them outside to dry.
Dry the affected area
Once you’ve mopped up all of the water and extracted water from the carpet using different carpet cleaning methods, use fans and a dehumidifier to help dry the area as well. If it doesn’t rain, then leave the windows open to permit airflow and faster drying.
After drying the region, such as wooden beams, insulation, drywall, etc., use a great disinfectant to eliminate any bacteria which might have come through the sewers, bathrooms, etc..
Stop the growth of mould
After disinfecting and allow the area dry thoroughly, use the disinfectant along the affected area following the directions. As soon as you apply a thin layer, let it dry immediately. Once dry, it forms a thin protective coating on any mould that could grow and it eliminates the spore roots.
Discard damaged things responsibly. Bring what you can into a recycling center and get rid of garbage properly. You have to know that, these tips are just recommendations to follow in the event of an emergency. Don’t forget, it is suggested to use a professional service recommended by your insurance. You can contact a Restoration Company to help 24 hours a day. IBX Services is a convenient solution. Call us at +1-416-252-5959 or write to us at an email at [email protected]. We are always ready to help you.