IBX Services is a GTA water damage restoration company but not only.
When the water damage restoration company reaches you, the technicians will first and foremost find the source of the water and stop it where possible. This might involve repairing damage to your walls or your roofing, or it might mean fixing a pipe or blocking flood water. Either way, the company will prevent the water from flooding your property any more so that they can get to work fixing the problem. In the case of gradual water damage, probes and infrared sensors can be used to find out where the problem is coming from and what needs to be done to fix it (sometimes this won’t be immediately obvious).
From there, the water damage restoration company can then begin to calculate the extent of the damage and the cost to you. With this information, they can give you a rough price quote and if you’re happy to go ahead they can begin with the next steps.
These steps include:
- Clearing the area and moving out any items that are at risk of further damage
- Disposing of items that are beyond saving – these include anything porous that has absorbed lots of category three water and thus will be unhealthy
- Removing the standing water with submersible and truck-mounted pumps
- Drying the property with air scrubbers, dehumidifiers and more
- Cleaning the property with antibacterial and disinfectant products to ensure that all contamination from the water is addressed and your home is safe to move back into
- Making repairs and reconstructing damage where possible. This can involve repainting walls, retiling, fixing leaks, etc.
- Helping you to prevent future water damage
- Moving your items back in
If everything goes to plan then a good water damage restoration company will enable you to return to your property quickly and with as many of your things salvaged as possible.